For questions on the Spitzer Warm Mission:|
- Warm IRAC observations and data
- Proposal planning
There are two ways to submit a question to the SSC:
Visit the Helpdesk
Please see instructions and benefits about the first option below.
Usually the incoming questions, or tickets, are answered within two working days, and in many instances within a few hours of submission.
For all other Spitzer observation or data related questions:|
Visit the IRSA Helpdesk
Links to common general questions
Where do I start to learn about writing proposals?
The one-stop-shopping page is the Proposal Kit page.
Where do I start to learn about processing data?
The one-stop-shopping page is the Data Analysis page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instructions for using the SSC Helpdesk
Submitting a ticket and getting a response
As you type your question into the Message Details pane, the helpdesk will suggest knowledgebase articles that may contain the answer you seek. Click on the article title to view the article.
- Register as a member of the Science Community with the Helpdesk.
- Once registered, you will see a number of options available. Click on --Submit a ticket-- and follow the instructions.
- You can view all your tickets and the information about them from the Helpdesk Web site. Responses to tickets are also sent to the email address you entered when you registered.
- You can send a follow-up message to a Helpdesk query in one of two ways:
- From the Helpdesk Web interface
- Go to the Helpdesk and view you tickets.
- Click on the one you want to update to view its history.
- Click on Post Reply and add further comments. When you're done, click on Submit.
- From an email response to a Helpdesk ticket. Click on Ticket in the gray menu bar near the top of the page.
- Reply to the Helpdesk ticket response sent to you.
- Don't change the subject line. it's used to associate your new message with the original ticket.
- You can add attachments before submitting your ticket.
- You can attach up to 5 files to a ticket.
- Any file can be up to 15 megabytes in size. (Use the Web interface to the Helpdesk if you experience problems sending files, especially large ones.)
- To protect the SSC computer systems, all files must have a suffix from the list below. If you're sending a script file that has a suffix of .pl, just append .txt. to it so you end up with something like myScript.pl.txt. The same goes for files of other types.
- Text extensions: .aor, .log, .nl, .spot, .tbl, .txt
- Image extensions: .bmp, .fits, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff
- .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx
Please note that if you have emailed us at email@example.com in the past you can simply click on Lost password in the Helpdesk and input your email address. This will send an email to that address with a new password. If you have emailed us in the past from an email account that is no longer active, please contact us from your current account and we will grant you access.