Public Visitor Information
This page is a collection of resources for members of the general public interested in visiting Caltech and/or JPL.
Please note that the Spitzer Science Center itself is not open for public tours.
- Visiting campus, site provided by Undergraduate Admissions, but anyone can tag along on the campus tour. See that link for details on times, contact information, etc.
- Caltech Public Events - includes public events (talks, theatre events, you name it)
- Caltech/USGS Seismology Lab. For tour information, click on 'Contact', and look for 'Tours.'
- JPL is a secure facility, so the only way to get onto the Lab as a member of the general public is through their tours. They run at different times/days according to the season. The tours are terribly popular, and so reservations well in advance are recommended. You will need photo id to get in.
- Just on the edge of the lab is the von Karman auditorium, which frequently hosts special events, such as monthly public lectures. These particular lectures are repeated at Pasadena City College on the subsequent night. See the web page for details.
- Annually in the spring, JPL hosts an Open House. See the website for more information.
- The NASA/JPL Educator Resource Center is a little-known JPL "satellite" in Pomona. It is open one day a month for walk-ins, but requests for materials can be made in writing. Also see JPL's Education main site, which includes pointers for initiatives with schools, competitions, etc.
Other Miscellaneous Links